Monday, January 06, 2003

Concert Recommendation: Interpol, Sunday Jan. 12, Metro, Chicago

Many people have likened New York's Interpol to Joy Division. They sound far more like the Chameleons, but fewer people even know what the Chameleons sound like to even form a comparison. When touting the Chameleons show to friends last October, I described the Chameleons as Interpol with better vocals. However, if Interpol doesn't include a drunk, complaining guitarist, then it will be a better show than the Chameleons put on. If your itch for Manchester-style mope rock with chiming guitars hasn't been scratched since the '80s, go see Interpol.

Anyway, I feel a little silly recommending the show since it is already sold out, and I didn't even get a chance to buy tickets. I'm not convinced this blog has sufficient readership to warrant my hitting up a publicist for comp tickets (Yeah, my being ethical that way probably explains why I haven't been more successful in the music industry.) So if you know of some extra tickets, please email me.

No comments: